ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security v5.0.2214 (Service Release) are availableNews ID: NEWS215|Last Revised: April 30, 2013
ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security version 5.0.2214 have been released and are available to download.
- Added: Windows 8 Compatibility
- Added: Message indicating that a computer restart is needed when Device control is integrated into system
- Fix: Detection of Presentation Mode in Modern UI (former Metro UI) in Windows 8
- Fix: HIPS module failed to load on some operating systems after installation
- Fix: Occasional crash of Windows 7 64-bit SP1 after integrating Device control
- Fix: Error "ekrn.exe - Unable to locate DLL" occurred when installing on Windows NT 4.0 SP6
- Fix: Real-time file system protection not set automatically during installation in older versions when Enabled/Disabled NAP and Disabled "Display alerts”
- Fix: Not possible to create, edit or delete rules in Device control when operating system was restarted on Windows Server 2012
- Fix: Program Component Update did not run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6 and Windows NT 4 Server
- Fix: Blue screen error (BSOD) appeared with previous versions of Personal firewall module
- Fix: Error occurred when Advanced Menu/User Interface/Menu Type is changed on Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit and the change is applied
- Fix: The rule with low severity appeared in Log file for Device control
- Fix: Email plugin not integrated into Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 64-bit
- Fix: "Server not found" error message appeared when updating from second profile
- Fix: Rules Editor in Web control does not eliminate white spaces before actual string
- Fix: System restart after creating archive on removable device
- Fix: Problems when installing Adobe Photoshop CS6 into Sandboxie
- Fix: Ekrn.exe uses too much RAM Memory after several days of uptime
- Fix: Occasional problems updating virus database via ESET Remote Administrator
- Fix: Minor fixes in Rules Editor for Web control and Device control
- Changed: Removed unnecessary icons from Modern UI (former Metro UI) in Windows 8
- Changed: Removed registry leftovers after uninstallation of the product
- Improvement: Overall stability
- ecmd.exe is not recognized as a trusted app.
Solution: To run the ecmd.exe command line utility, click Yes in the Action Center dialog window.
- Blue screen error (BSOD) occurs when using version 1.1 Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) to create an ISO image from SysRescue on Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE).
Solution: BSOD is caused by a bug in version 1.1 Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit.
For more information or to download a copy, please visit the ESET Endpoint Security download page or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.