ESET Secure Authentication version 220.127.116.114 has been releasedNews ID: NEWS283|Last Revised: August 13, 2014
ESET Secure Authentication version 18.104.22.1684 has been released and is available for a free business trial or to purchase.
ESET Secure Authentication (ESA) is a mobile-based solution that uses two-factor, one-time password (2FA OTP) authentication for accessing a company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Outlook Web App.
- Added: Support for Remote Web Access in Windows Server 2012 Essentials and 2012 R2 Essentials
- Added: Support for Dynamics CRM 2013
- Added: Support for selecting the Active Directory field used for a user's mobile number
- Added: Installer prerequisite to check for system connectivity
- Improved: SMS OTP usability for VMware Horizon View
- Improved: Stability during upgrades in complex environments
- Improved: RADIUS client IP address validation
- Improved: Stability when setting attribute permissions during installation in certain environments
- Fixed: Rare bug with MS-CHAPv2 log-ins
- Changed: Components no longer need to be on the exact same version. However, major and minor version numbers must match
- Changed: RADIUS log now clearly states that PEAP is unsupported
- Changed: Administrators are warned when disabling ECP with OWA enabled as this is not recommended
- On Blackberry devices, it is necessary to manually delete the ESA mobile application to remove old application data before installing a new copy of the ESA mobile application.
- Certain Symbian mobile devices display a low-resolution ESA mobile app icon.
- The ESA Admins AD security group is not removed during uninstallation.
- The Auth API requires a "Content-Type" header using the value "application/json," or it returns an HTTP 500 Error.
- Clicking Cancel on the OTP page for the Exchange 2013 Control Panel takes you back to the logon URL for OWA and not ECP.
- When an SMS OTP user is logged into OWA on Exchange 2010 and the browser session is idle, the system may send an occasional SMS OTP despite the fact that the user is already logged in.
ESET Secure Authentication FAQ — For frequently asked questions (FAQs), Known Issues, and links to ESET Knowledgebase articles for installing and configuring ESA.
To check availability in your region, contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.