Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus softwareKB Solution ID: SOLN146|Last Revised: May 17, 2013
It is important that any previously installed antivirus software is uninstalled from your system before installing your ESET security product. Typical uninstallation* using the Windows removal tool (Add/Remove Programs) is often insufficient.
Looking for malware removal tools? Visit our list of available malware removal tools.
- Click the link associated with the antivirus software currently installed on your system and follow the prompts or instructions on the website.
- Once uninstallation is complete, you will need to restart your computer. You may then proceed with installing your ESET product.
*ESET does not take responsibility for any damages or loss of data caused by or during the uninstallation of any antivirus software.
- Mac OS X users: Do you need uninstallers for third-party Mac antivirus products? Click here.
- ESET Mobile Security for Android users: Click here for instructions to uninstall ESET Mobile Security for Android.
- Uninstalling: Are you trying to uninstall your ESET product? Click here.
- Installing: Need help installing your ESET product? Click here for a video tutorial.