How do I open or close (allow or deny) a specific port on my ESET Smart Security Personal firewall? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2149|Last Revised: October 28, 2013
To allow or deny access to a specific port on your ESET Smart Security Personal firewall, perform the following steps:
- Open ESET Smart Security by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security.
- If you see the message Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner, toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Change... or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- From the main menu, click Setup Personal firewall Switch to interactive filtering mode.
- Click Configure rules and zones....
- If you see the application tree view in the Zone and rule setup window, click Toggle detailed view of all rules.
- Click New to add a new rule.
- Enter a name for the rule.
- From the Direction: drop-down menu select Both.
- From the Action: drop-down menu select Allow or Deny.
- Click the Local tab and click Add port.
- In the Port selection: window, type in the number of the port. The name of the port will auto-populate in many cases. If it does not auto-populate, click the name drop-down list and then select the port name associated to the port you entered.
- Click OK OK to save the selection.