Fixing multiple problems caused by Win32/Daonol.C infiltrationKB Solution ID: SOLN2279|Last Revised: March 08, 2013
Win32/Daonol.C is a trojan that infiltrates your system to steal passwords and other confidential data.
The most frequent symptoms include:
- Some antivirus programs can no longer update from the Internet and access to the antivirus homepage is blocked.
- Attempts to run the command line (cmd) and the Registry editor (regedit) end with the explorer.exe process breaking down (the Taskbar disappears for a few seconds).
- Online search engine results may redirect to suspicious websites.
- Internet browser breakdowns
- Changes in Windows Firewall accompanied by incoming/outgoing connection problems.
To remove this infiltration, download the following removal tool:
After starting the application the system will be cleaned (the command line window appears for a brief moment). After the operation has finished restart your computer.
For more detailed information about the infiltration please consult our Virus Encyclopaedia: