How do I temporarily disable the startup scan? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2305|Last Revised: September 28, 2011
By default, your ESET security product will scan programs and memory at startup. If your system startup scan is taking an unusually long time to complete, you may have conflicting programs set to run at start up. You cannot cancel the startup scan once it has started, but you can temporarily disable the scan from running on system startup by following the directions below:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Change... in the lower left corner and then clicking Yes if you are prompted to confirm or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- In the left column, click Tools Scheduler. The Scheduler/Planner window will be displayed.
- Deselect Automatic startup file check | System Startup file check. | User logon. By default, this is the fourth option down.
- Restart your computer. Your startup scan is now disabled.