How do I uninstall or reinstall ESET Mobile Security for Android (purchased from eset.com)?KB Solution ID: SOLN2713|Last Revised: August 23, 2012
- You need to uninstall / reinstall ESET Mobile Security for Android
To uninstall and reinstall ESET Mobile security for Android, follow the steps below:
Open the All apps screen and tap ESET Mobile Security to launch ESET Mobile Security for Android.
In the main ESET Mobile Security window, tap Uninstall wizard (see Figure 1-1).
In the Uninstall wizard window, tap Remove.
If your settings are password protected, enter your password and tap Unlock to continue. If you have forgotten your password, please see the following ESET Knowledgebase article:
Now, tap Uninstall.
When prompted, tap OK to continue with the uninstallation.
When the uninstallation is complete, tap OK to finish.
Please visit one of the following Android-version specific Knowledgebase articles for instructions to download and install your ESET Mobile security product:
- AT&T users running Android version 2.2 (Froyo) or earlier, click here
- Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) users click here
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) users click here
Use this method if you cannot open ESET Mobile Security for Android or you are running an earlier version that does not have the Uninstall option.
- Tap Menu Settings Security.
- Tap Select device administrators.
- Deselect ESET Security from Device administrators by Tapping check mark next to ESET Security.
- Go to your Home screen and tap Settings Applications Manage Applications.
- Tap ESET Security and then tap the Uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions in section II Download and reinstall above.