How do I exclude files or folders from scanning in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus?KB Solution ID: SOLN2769|Last Revised: January 20, 2014
- File-level scanning of some email servers, backup software, gaming applications, etc. is causing abnormal system behavior
- Exclude specific applications or folders from Real-time file system protection and all scan activity (Startup scan, On-access scanning and Computer (On-demand) scanning)
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard to access Advanced setup.
- Expand Computer Antivirus and antispyware Exclusions and then click Add.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- In the Add exclusion window, use the directory tree to browse for the file or folder you wish to exclude. The directory path will automatically display In the Exclusion field. Click OK to save the exclusion.
- Click OK again to save your changes.