How do I reset the ESET Remote Administrator Console password? (1.0)KB Solution ID: SOLN278|Last Revised: October 02, 2014
ESET Remote Administrator should be installed on a computer which is accessible by system or network administrators only. The information in this article is intended for such users.
The ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) password is used to prevent unauthorized changes to the ESET Remote Administrator Server (ERAS) settings. By default, this password is blank. However, if a previously created password has been lost or forgotten, the password can be reset. Please follow the steps below to remove the ERAC password:
- On the computer where ERAS is installed, navigate to the C:\Program Files\ESET\RAServer folder.
- To edit it, double-click the nod32ra.ini file.
- Scroll to the bottom of the file. If a password is currently set, the last line will begin with password_hash.
- Delete the entire password_hash line and close the file (See Figure 1-1 below). Click Yes to save changes.
- Once the file has been saved, open the Services window (type services.msc in the Windows Run dialog box), and restart the NOD32 Remote Administration Server service.
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) by clicking Start All Programs NOD32 Remote Administrator NOD32 Remote Administrator Console. When prompted for a password, leave it blank and click OK.
If you are still unable to connect due to an incorrect password, open the nod32ra.ini file again, and make sure that the password_hash line has been removed.