How do I safely upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion with ESET Cybersecurity for Mac installed? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2807|Last Revised: February 04, 2013
To safely upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion with ESET Cybersecurity for Mac, please follow the steps below. If you have already installed Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, continue by following the instructions below if you are experiencing issues with your ESET security product (e.g., Safari does not load properly, the ESET GUI does not load on restart or you receive an "Uninstall Failed" error message).
Uninstall ESET Cybersecurity for Mac
- If you are uninstalling from a CD, insert it into your computer and double-click the ESET icon on your Desktop. If you downloaded from the Internet, click the install package in your Downloads folder (or the default folder set by your browser).
- Double-click the Uninstall icon and follow the guided uninstall instructions.
- Click Close to finish the uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
Upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
Follow the instructions you received from Apple to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or visit http://www.apple.com/macosx/how-to-buy/.
If you have already installed Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, continue by following the instructions below.
Install ESET Cybersecurity for Mac
To download and install ESET Cybersecurity for Mac, watch the installation video directly below or follow the installation step-by-step instructions:
- Download the latest install package of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac or use the installer package you already downloaded in the Uninstall section.
Download ESET Cybersecurity
- The install package will appear in your Downloads folder (or the default folder set by your browser). Click the download file to open it.
- Double-click the Install icon from the ESET Cybersecurity Install Disk window and click Continue to launch the installation wizard.
- Read the Introduction and then click Continue.
- On the Read Me page, click Continue. If you would like to print or save the important information displayed on the Read Me page, click Print... or Save..., respectively.
- Carefully read through the Software License Agreement. To print or save the License Agreement, click Print... or Save..., respectively. Click Continue and then click Agree when prompted to agree to the License Agreement. If you click Disagree, you will exit the installer and your installation of ESET Cybersecurity will be incomplete.
- Select the Installation Mode for your ESET security product. You can select either Typical or Custom installation modes. We recommend selecting the Typical installation mode, as its preconfigured settings provide optimum performance with maximum protection. However, if you would like to configure your own settings, you can select the Custom installation mode. Click Continue to proceed.
- Set parameters for ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System reporting. The ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System submits new threats to ESET's labs and provides feedback that improves protection. Select the Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System option to activate ThreatSense.Net reporting. Click Continue.
- In the Special Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Continue.
- Read the installation details on the Installation Type page. Click Install to install your ESET security product. You will need to enter your Mac OS administrator Name and Password. The ESET installer will prompt you to continue the installation after you have entered your administrator Name and Password. Click Continue.
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete. Click Restart to restart your computer and complete the installation.