I receive an installation error message "Error 2878" when installing my Windows ESET productKB Solution ID: SOLN2878|Last Revised: October 16, 2013
If you are installing from a CD, click the appropriate link below to activate your ESET product and register your serial number with ESET.
- If you are receiving this error on your Toshiba or eMachines-brand computer, see the following Knowledgebase article:
In the following Knowledgebase article, locate the link associated with the antivirus software currently or previously installed on your system:
Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software
If you do not know which previous antivirus software was installed on your computer, use the ESET manual uninstaller tool to automatically detect and remove it. Click here for instructions for the ESET manual uninstaller tool.
ESET Live Installer will automatically detect your operating system and architecture (32-bit/64-bit) and will install the latest version of your ESET security product. Click the appropriate link below to download the ESET Live Installer for your product:
North American Customers
Customers outside of North America
Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Click Save when prompted and save the file to your Desktop.
- Once the download has completed, you may be prompted to click Run and begin the installation process. If the installer does not run automatically, navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the download file and double-click it to open.
- If the software is still detected, click Ignore.
- Follow the instructions in the installation Wizard, or for illustrated instructions, visit one of the following ESET Knowledgebase articles for your product:
- If you receive the same error message, please contact your previous antivirus vendor for assistance in removing their software from your computer.
- If you continue to experience issues after completing all of the steps above, follow the instructions in this ESET Knowledgebase article to create and submit a log file to ESET: