Will ESET Mobile Security for Android work on my Tablet device?KB Solution ID: SOLN2929|Last Revised: March 25, 2014
ESET Mobile Security for Android includes some (calling-based) features that are only available on Android smartphones. Though ESET does provide support for tablet devices such as the Kindle Fire, the following limitations apply:
- The installation of apps from unknown sources must be allowed to install ESET mobile security on the Kindle Fire and some other tablet devices. View instructions to enable installation of Apps from unknown sources
- For devices with only Wi-Fi (no additional internet connectivity) the functionality of ESET Mobile Security for Android is limited to scanning only.
- Anti-Theft and SMS & Call Filter features are not supported on Kindle devices.
- ESET does not provide support for rooted Android devices.
- Tablets without a data plan will not be able to use SMS Commands (no phone number associated with the tablet). If you forget your password, you will not be able to use the trusted friends option to unlock your device.
- Call Interceptor is not supported (no calling on tablets).
- Find my Device is not supported on tablets without GPS.