How do I reset my security password for ESET Mobile Security? (Google Play purchases only)KB Solution ID: SOLN2949|Last Revised: August 23, 2013
Option 1: Trusted Friend
- Try to reset your password by sending an SMS from the Trusted friend’s phone number (defined in ESET Mobile Security Anti-Theft Trusted Friends) to your device. The SMS must be in the following syntax:
eset remote reset
- Type a new security password into the Security password and Confirm password fields, set a reminder phrase if you want and then tap Save.
Option 2: Password reset request
- Send a Password reset request by tapping Alternatively, Request Password Reset (see figure 1-2). You will receive an email containing an unlock code (at the Google account email, or the email address defined in Anti-Theft My Contact Details).
- Enter the unlock code on your locked device’s screen to unlock your device.
- After unlocking your mobile device, define a new security password.
Click the image to view larger in new window
Option 3: Contact ESET Customer Care
If you are not able to send the aforementioned data, or have a trial license, please contact ESET Customer Care and refer to the code that was emailed to you after you tapped Alternatively, Request Password Reset.