How do I resolve "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notifications?KB Solution ID: SOLN2951|Last Revised: October 15, 2013
- "Detected Port Scanning Attack" notification (see Figure 1-1)
Part I: Update ESET Smart Security and run a Computer scan
- Ensure that Virus Signature Database Updates are downloading properly (these will include ESET Personal firewall module updates whenever they are available):
- Run a Computer scan using ESET Smart Security to make sure that your system is not infected:
- If ESET does detect an infection, follow the steps in the Knowledgebase article below. Otherwise, continue to Part II.
Part II: Disable intrusion detection notifications
If your system is not infected, and you want to disable Detected Port Scanning Attack notifications, follow the steps below:
- In the main program window, press the F5 key on your keyboard to access Advanced setup.
- Expand Network Personal firewall and click IDS and advanced options.
- Deselect the check box next to Display notification after attack detection and click OK to save your changes.
Click the image to view larger in new window
To re-enable these notifications, repeat steps 1-2 above, then select the check box next to Display notification after attack detection and click OK.