How do I Download and Install ESET Endpoint products?KB Solution ID: SOLN3011|Last Revised: July 15, 2014
- Downloading and installing ESET endpoint products on client workstations
- Larger networks: Click here for instructions on installing ESET Endpoint Antivirus remotely
Home user? Click here
I. Download your ESET endpoint product
- Click the appropriate link below to download your ESET endpoint product for Microsoft® Windows® 8/7/Vista/Home Server/XP/2000:
ESET Endpoint Security:
ESET Endpoint Antivirus:
- Select Save when prompted and save the file to the Desktop.
II. Install your ESET endpoint product
Follow the steps below to install your ESET endpoint product. If you are running Windows with User Account Control (UAC) turned on (Windows Vista or later), you may be prompted with additional dialog boxes not shown in the steps below. If prompted, please confirm that you wish to install ESET, as well as any associated device drivers.
- Double-click the ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus installer icon. If you are prompted by Windows to open the file, click Open.
- The Setup window will appear. Click Next to continue.
- Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click Next to continue.
- In the Installation Mode window, select Typical and then click Next to continue.
- On the next window, enter your ESET-issued Username and Password and then click Next to continue.
- In the ESET Live Grid window, leave the check box next to I agree to participate in ESET Live Grid selected and then click Next to continue.
- In the Detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next. If you decide later on that you would like to change this setting, you will be able to do so using Advanced setup.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Once you click Install, you may be prompted by Windows to allow the software to run - click Yes. Please be patient while the installation completes.
- When you see the Completing the Setup Wizard window, click Finish to complete your installation.
- If you just finished installing ESET Endpoint Security, the New network connection detected window will prompt you to choose the protection mode of your computer in the network. Select Allow sharing if you are performing this installation in an office or home setting on a secure network. Only select Strict protection if you are traveling with your client computer and ESET Endpoint Security detects a new network in a public environment.