How do I use the ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)?KB Solution ID: SOLN3035|Last Revised: April 16, 2013
- Your computer is infected with a rogue application
- A rogue application has made undesired changes to your registry
- Download the ESET Rogue Application Remover by clicking the appropriate link for your system version below. Which version of Microsoft Windows do I have?
- Save the file to your Desktop. When the download completes, navigate to the file, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- Click Accept to accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
- Press any key on your keyboard to exit the tool.
Running the ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR) from the command prompt
- Click Start and type cmd in the Start Search field.
- Right-click the cmd item and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Type CD Desktop and press Enter.
- Type ERARemover_x86.exe to run the tool. A new window will open in which the tool will execute.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the scan.