You receive the error message "ekrn service cannot be stopped" when attempting to uninstall your ESET productKB Solution ID: SOLN3115|Last Revised: August 10, 2012
- Tap F8 in 1 second intervals immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep).
- After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and press ENTER.
- Once you are in safe mode click Start All programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to uninstall your ESET product. Once you are done uninstalling, you will need to restart your computer.