How do I use the ESET ZbotZRcleaner tool to remove a Spy.zbot infection?KB Solution ID: SOLN3170|Last Revised: December 17, 2012
I. Download and run the ESETZbotZRCleaner tool
- Download the ESETZbotZRCleaner tool by clicking the link below. Save the file to your desktop
- Double-click ESETZbotZRCleaner.exe to run the cleaner.
- Once the the cleaner is finished running, restart your computer and then run a computer scan using the instructions from Part II.
II. Perform a computer scan
- Open the main program window by double-clicking the ESET icon in your Windows notification area or by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Click Computer Scan Custom scan... and select In-depth scan from the Scan profile drop-down menu.
- Select the check box next to Computer and click Scan. The scan will remove any remnants of the malware still left on your system.
Windows XP users: Select the check box next to My Computer and then click Scan.