How do I Download and Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus? (6.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN3179|Last Revised: May 16, 2013
- Download and install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6
I. Uninstall other antivirus software
- You must uninstall any previously installed antivirus software from your system before installing your ESET product. See the Knowledgebase article below for step-by-step instructions
- When you are finished, continue to part II to install your product. Or, click here if installing from a CD.
- Download ESET Live Installer.
- Click Save when prompted and save the file to your Desktop.
- Once the download has completed, you may be prompted to click Run and begin the installation process. If the installer does not run automatically, navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the downloaded file and double-click it to open. When you are ready, continue to part III.
- Make sure that the correct language is selected and click Install to begin. Please be patient while your product is downloaded.
- Click I Accept.
- Select the check box next to Yes, I want to participate (recommended) and click Next.
- In the Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next. Please be patient while your product is installed.
- Click Finish to exit the installation wizard.
- The Product Activation Type window will open automatically. Select Activate using a Username and Password and click Next.
- Enter your ESET-issued Username and Password into the appropriate fields and click Activate (your Username and Password were emailed to you after purchasing your product. If you forgot your Username or Password, refer to your license email or visit our lost license page to have it emailed to you).
If you entered your credentials correctly, you will see the Activation successful screen. Click Finish to complete your installation. Your ESET product is now ready to use.
Installing and activating from a CD:
- Insert the CD into your computer. If the installation does not begin automatically, click Start Computer and double-click the ESET disc icon.
- Click Next.
Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- Select Typical (recommended settings) and click Next.
- Select I agree to participate in ESET Live Grid (recommended) and click Next.
- In the Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- In the Product Activation Type window, select Activate using an Activation Key (recommended) and click Next.
- In the Activate using an Activation Key window, fill out all of the required fields. When you are finished, click Next.
- If you entered your activation key correctly, you will see the Activation successful screen. Click Finish to complete your activation.