How do I roll back virus signature database updates in ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?KB Solution ID: SOLN3351|Last Revised: July 18, 2014
- A new update of the virus signature database is unstable or corrupt
- Rolling back to the previous version of a virus signature database and suspending updates for a set period of time
- Enabling previously disabled updates if you have suspended updates indefinitely
If you suspect that a new update of the virus database and/or program modules may be unstable or corrupt, you can roll back to the previous version and disable updates for a set period of time. Alternatively, you can enable previously disabled updates if you had postponed them indefinitely. ESET Smart Security records snapshots of the virus signature database and program modules for use with the rollback feature. In order to create virus signature database snapshots, leave the check box next to Create snapshots of update files selected. The "Number of locally stored snapshots" field defines the number of previous virus signature database snapshots stored.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press F5 to access Advanced setup.
- Expand Update, click Update rollback and then click Roll back (version 6.x users: Expand Update, click Advanced and then click Roll back).
- Select a time interval for which you would like to suspend virus signature database updates from the Suspend updates drop-down menu and click OK.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Click OK to save your changes.