Microsoft Windows XP end of support and ESET productsKB Solution ID: SOLN3507|Last Revised: September 24, 2014
- Since 8 April 2014, Microsoft no longer provides system updates for Windows XP users
- ESET commits to support the Microsoft Windows XP operating system for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ESET business products at least until the end of April, 2017 (further referred to as “support period”)
ESET support for business products running on Windows XP
ESET commits to maintain support for customers with ESET products installed on the Windows XP operating system and will continue to offer the following services during the support period:
- Regular virus signature updates for the latest threats
- Constant updates to other parts of the antivirus engine such as the proactive detection module. This may not include new detection technology that requires new product versions to work properly.
- ESET Customer Care support requests
Upgrade for free to the latest version of your ESET product
Please note that while your service from ESET will not change, your system protection might not be up to par with our latest products as some of our newest detection technology will be impossible to backport. Also, your system could become more vulnerable to threats because it will no longer receive regular system updates from Microsoft. Regular system updates are used to repair exploits and patch existing security vulnerabilities.
- To maintain the highest level of security, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system or move your important data onto a computer with a more current operating system.
- We recommend that you use the latest version of your ESET product to maintain the highest degree of protection possible with the Windows XP operating system.
For more information
Visit the following ESET blog posts to learn more about how the end of support for Windows XP might affect you: