The ESET Smart Security Antispam toolbar in Outlook is missingKB Solution ID: SOLN354|Last Revised: September 29, 2014
If the ESET Smart Security Antispam toolbar is missing from Microsoft Outlook, it may be due to an incorrect installation, a corrupted uninstall, or other errors in the program. Outlook also may have blocked the library required to launch the ESET Smart Security plug-in. To resolve the problem, please follow the steps below:
A. Enabling ESET Smart Security in Outlook
- In Outlook 2003: Start Outlook and click Help About Disabled Items. Remove the ESET Smart Security component from the list.
- In Outlook 2007: Start Outlook and click Help Disabled Items. Remove the ESET Smart Security component from the list.
Close Outlook and then start it again. The ESET Smart Security Antispam toolbar should now load correctly.
B. Modify Email Filtering Settings
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware Email client protection POP3, POP3S Compatibility.
- From the Compatibility setup area, move the slider from the default Maximum efficiency setting to the far left side, Maximum compatibility.
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Miscellaneous Email client integration and make sure only the Integrate into Microsoft Outlook box is checked. Click OK to confirm.