ESET Smart Security Kernel Service does not startKB Solution ID: SOLN60|Last Revised: August 01, 2013
- This solution applies to ESET Smart Security versions 4.x and 3.0 only
- You experience an issue starting the EKRN service used by ESET Smart Security
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Locate the em001_32.dat file (typically in the %ProgramFiles%ESETEset Smart Security directory) and rename it to em001_32.dat.bak.
- Restart the computer. The EKRN.EXE service should now start automatically.
- If the EKRN.EXE service does not start automatically, open a command prompt (filename: CMD.EXE) and issue a 'net start ekrn' command.
- Perform a manual update of ESET Smart Security from the GUI.