I cannot install my Windows ESET security product on Windows VistaKB Solution ID: SOLN970|Last Revised: August 30, 2011
If you are using Microsoft Windows Vista and are experiencing difficulties installing your Windows ESET security product, you may need to temporarily turn off User Account Control (UAC). To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click Start Control Panel and double-click User Accounts.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off (see Figure 1-1).
- If User Account Control (UAC) is currently enabled in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message will appear. Click Continue.
- Deselect the check box next to Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and click OK (see Figure 1-2).
- Click Restart Now to apply the changes right away and continue with the installation.
- After installation, repeat steps 1-3, re-select the check box next to Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and click OK.